Welcome to our Blog!


This blog is held by Anne Stuart and Emmanuelle Lemoine, both Interior Designers working from their own practice.
This is a space where to communicate about Interior Design issues, with a special emphasises on the importance to be environmentally responsible.
Please do leave your comments, we are looking forward to reading you soon.

Tip of the day

A north facing and a south facing room don't need the same colours or lighting. Always check before the orientation of the room before planning your new design.


Monday 16 May 2011

Kitchen bedroom Bahroom, my visit

Kbb or Kitchen Bedroom Bathroom trade show was on at the Excel center. I have never been to this show before and thought I would like to give it a try and see if I could find some inspiration, especially for bathrooms. So, I went!

The show is not very big in size, which was good for me today as I didn't see myself walking around loos and bedroom cupboards the whole day long... It is always funny to enter the show welcome by a long line of loos, even if the flushing is said to be water saving, which is always good to know and to specify!

Here are a few things that have retained my interest or attention. First of all this bubbly bath (Koller) and its impressive machinery, that is normally hidden behind the bath panels. I was told that, normally the machinery is not as numerous as for this one, which was especially built for the show to show the machinery when all the options are installed together. I must admit that all these bubbles are quite attractive...







As always in such a show I find a product I didn't expect to find and that I fall in love with at first sight. Today it was this superb sink made out of bamboo. Yes, bamboo! A grass that grows quickly, and if treated well has all the attribute to enter into an eco-friendly home! Not only this one is beautiful, but according to the lady talking about it on the Stonearth stand it is made in a green way, and has less embodied energy than a ceramic sink.




I really like the pure lines of this sink, and would enjoy specifying it in a bathroom at the first occasion. And more surprinsingly it stays affordable (£800 for both the sink and stand, delivered plus VAT RRP).


The same company (Stonearth) has other beautiful sink and stand units, mixing wood or bamboo and stone, including the following ones.








Following this I saw other interesting baths (made by Aqua Lavo). At the first look, you could say that they are just "normal" bath, but they have an extra feature: they are sort of insulated so as to keep the water warm for longer! Don't we all complain that the bath temperature goes down too quickly when we are enjoying a relaxing soak?









Raditaors are a must have item, but we all agree that they are uggly, and make us wish we would have underfloor heating. I have seen today interesting radiators from Aeon that could make us regretting our underfloor heating:





This one is really sculptural and looks like a bench more than a radiator.


The following one looks like the surface of the moon



What a great idea to have a space where to store towels and keep them warm at the same time, very stylish!





And a last one in the shape of a bathroom unit, I really like this one! A radiator that is multi task and beautiful, something to lift any bathroom up.





In the kitchen section there was nothing to really attract my attention as it all looked "deja vu" to me, until I saw this italian kitchen by Aran Cucine. Yes, the Italian have this "je ne sais quoi" that make their designs always very recognisable and special. The flowing lines of this kitchen are beautiful and the contrary of a sterile and boring look.



To complete the design of the kitchen there was this magnificent painting of Sophia Loren, which was such a prefect complement to the curvy units. Really stylish.




Of course, I can never go to such a show without looking at the lighting, and I found these versatile LED strip system, that are so easy to install that they can be added even long after the design of a room as long as there is a plug nearby.




The idea is very simple, it is a kit of LED strip that are easily connectable (Flex Connect), either in a straight way or making a right angle. You have the choice between white and coloured LED, and again, I thought this was very affordable too.




And to finish my visit, mirror televisions. Yes, I must admit that I personally don't like the look of a television and always try to hide them. This is why I like so much the concept of miror television! The Mirrored TV feature here are provided by an italian company (Neod) which proposes different sort of framing solutions. Of course this is not a cheap solution, but it does look so much better than a normal screen!




This was my first visit to Kbb London.Of course there were many other things to be seen, including all sorts of cupboards for the bedroom... But as usual I only mentioned the one that attracted me the most. I cam back full of inspiration for projects to come!














Emmanuelle Lemoine

No comments:

Post a Comment