Welcome to our Blog!


This blog is held by Anne Stuart and Emmanuelle Lemoine, both Interior Designers working from their own practice.
This is a space where to communicate about Interior Design issues, with a special emphasises on the importance to be environmentally responsible.
Please do leave your comments, we are looking forward to reading you soon.

Tip of the day

A north facing and a south facing room don't need the same colours or lighting. Always check before the orientation of the room before planning your new design.


Monday 28 March 2011

Very quick visit to Ideal Home show

This is a show I normally don't go to, well it is difficult to go to every show, I have to do some work as well! But this year I wanted to have a look at conservatory blinds for a client. So, I took the opportunity to visit quickly the interiors section only, as visiting the whole show would have been far to much time consuming, and this week was already fully booked.


Apart from my blinds, I saw this interesting bed, especially designed for a compact space.




Oh, I can hear you from here "Ok, it is a bed... nothing special about it, so why do you say it is an interesting bed?"

Well, the bed is not only a bed, it also is a desk. Yes, a desk/bed.



This made me remember the studio flat of a friend of mine when I was a student at university (quite a long time ago!!!), which was a bed that you could hide into the wall during the day, freeing the rare space in the tiny flat. This is where I can see a great improvement of the concept, as this is a bed that is concealed into a recess, but at the same time uncovers a desk without upsetting whatever is on the desk. And this is the important point as I would, personally hate to have to fully tidy up my desk in order to go to bed (don't take me wrong,I am not messy only creative!)

So the display you can see on the desk stays exactly as it is when the bed is pulled down. And there is a version for a double bed as well. This looks to me as an interesting solution when space is rare.

When the space is small, using transparent furniture help to keep a feeling of space as furniture doesn't obstruct the view. To carry on compact space I really liked this glass table and its tinted glass chairs.






I stopped to try this sofa which had attracted my eye to check if it was as comfortable as it was fancy. To my surprise the sofa and other easy chairs on the same style were extremely comfortable, the sort of settee you enjoy sinking in...



This was a very short visit that I enjoyed but had to rush because of the lack of time.









Emmanuelle Lemoine

No comments:

Post a Comment