Welcome to our Blog!


This blog is held by Anne Stuart and Emmanuelle Lemoine, both Interior Designers working from their own practice.
This is a space where to communicate about Interior Design issues, with a special emphasises on the importance to be environmentally responsible.
Please do leave your comments, we are looking forward to reading you soon.

Tip of the day

A north facing and a south facing room don't need the same colours or lighting. Always check before the orientation of the room before planning your new design.


Thursday 10 May 2012

Quick Fix pictures



Ever wanted to hang a picture on the wall, which had colour to suit your décor, have no nearest and dearest staring down at you and did not cost a fortune?  Well I found myself in just that situation the other week.

After racking my brains for a while I hit on a real winner, origami.  Now having never attempted origami before I paid a visit to the local library and then apporached the square piece of paper with trepidation.  Before I knew it, I was hooked!  The possibilities are enormous, the only stipulation is that the paper is not too thick.  Wrapping paper can be used, but I sent off for proper Japanese origami paper which makes the job a lot simpler.  Just be careful not to hang it in direct sunlight, it will fade.

Now, I have made two pictures, I need to make a third to hang, might make some birds this time although they are a little difficult so watch this space!



Anne Stuart

No comments:

Post a Comment